Friday, June 26, 2009

My Hair Inspirations



Girlfriends was one of my favorite shows! Each of those independent women had their own sense of style. But it was their hair that always drew my attention. I admired Toni's perfectly weaved tresses (except for that awlful wig she began wearing after she married Todd - but I digress). Lynn was a free spirit and so was her hair. Mya's transformation and personal growth over the years was reflected in how the quality of her hair changed with her economic status. And then there was Joan Carol Clayton. When she was in a scene it was her hair that got everybody's attention. I spent many a show wondering what she and her stylist did to get her hair to look like that. If you wondered too follow this link to find out what Tracee Ellis Ross uses in her gorgeous hair: http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip000220.htm

Other curly manes I've envied:
Cree Summer ("Freddie Brooks") of A Different World fame

Rachel True ("Mona Thorn") from Half & Half


If one day I can acheive anything close to any of these results I'll be satisfied. For now, I'll just have to be content waiting for the day that I can do my BC.

No comments:

Post a Comment