Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Take on TightlyCurly Primer & CurlyNikki TNC

Monday my hair started looking a little fuzzy so I retwisted it that night without washing it. I'm still doing a lot of online research and mulling over all the things I'm learning. So today I decided to come home after work and re-do my hair from scratch.

Wendi's Technique:
  1. In the shower I started by Co-Washing with a Suave moisturizing conditioner. I massaged my scalp but concentrated on squishing the moisturizer through my hair to gently cleanse it.
  2. Rinsed thoroughly making sure no conditioner was left.
  3. Generously added my leave-in conditioner. At present I'm using Mixed Chicks Leave-In Conditioner. I wet my head again to make sure the conditioner would work it's way through my hair to the ends and then concentrated putting more conditioner on the ends.
  4. Detangled my hair with (you guessed right) my brand new Denman Brush. I LUV IT! This also served to further distribute conditioner throughout my hair.
  5. No rinse!
  6. While still in the shower, separate my hair so that curls can begin to form in the back (the part that I wont be Twisting)
  7. After I got out of the shower, for the sides and the top back of my head I did my own take on the CurlyNikki Twist and Curl (http://www.curlynikki.com/2008/10/as-promised-t-n-c-tutorial-is-here-d.html). My hair is currently cut into an Elongated Bob so I still have relaxer on the ends in the front. The back of my head from the top of my ears down is relaxerless and curly so I just let that air dry undisturbed. I'll let the twists dry over night and take them down in the morning.
I followed many of the steps in the Curly Primer found on TightlyCurly.com. I can't wait until my hair has grown enough to do the BC so I can see what my hair really will do following Teri's whole technique.

Thanks to Teri and Nikki here's my look at bedtime:








Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment